What is your risk of confidential data loss?
The rise in data security breaches and trade secret violations over the past year is a wake-up call for executives—network security is not enough. Global corporations and government organizations require more than network security and access control to guard their confidential data. They must protect the data itself.
Most organizations have no visibility into where their confidential data is stored on the network, control over where that data is going, or what to do once they find it.
An XCEND DLP Risk Assessment gives the answers.
XCEND offers a Risk Assessment that allows organizations to quantify and qualify their risk of data loss. At the end of the engagement you will understand:
- Where is confidential information exposed in open file shares and desktops?
- How much and what type of confidential information is exiting the network?
- Who is transmitting confidential information outside the organization?
- What sensitive information is being copied to removable devices or printed and faxed electronically and who is responsible?
- What network protocols carry the most violations?
- What business processes need to be updated?
- What regulations are being violated?
Know your risk: A four-step process
In a typical Risk Assessment, our Professional Services team helps create and implement data security policies to discover, monitor, and protect confidential data wherever it is stored or used.
- First, our experts work with you to identify your top data security and privacy priorities to prevent the loss of confidential data wherever it is stored or used—across endpoint, network, and storage systems.
- Based on information gathered in the Risk Assessment requirements gathering step (including data prioritization by type, exposed data on file shares, sender, and recipient), data protection policies are clearly defined.
- The next step is the monitoring of your confidential data wherever it stored or used in order to evaluate and clearly quantify your organization’s current level of confidential data risk.
- Following the discovery and monitoring phase, our team gathers with the key decision makers and information owners from your organization for an executive-level meeting to review the results of the project, examine the Risk Assessment reports, and discuss next steps.